Thursday 28 September 2017

Painting some masters - Hoplites and Fauns




I got some master casts back so I've cleaned up a couple, assembled them.. and started painting.

I'm guessing the embossed shields will be popular, everyone wants a spartan shield, or a giant omega symbol.

When posting images I've always tried to maintain a discipline of using a light tent and cropping the image. This is a bit of a departure for the blog with a quick iPhone shot synced with the iMac in a second. This method might be useful in terms of speed for work in progress shots.


2 comments:

  1. Those figures look fantastic! And yes, I'll be those shields are popular, even among those who aren't necessarily interested in Greek myth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe! I'll be sure to send you some when I get the production mold done.

      Delete